Production Systems Administrator
Professional Services Team (Pavia, IT)
If you are looking for a fun, dynamic work environment, Funambol is the company for you. Funambol is the leading mobile open source project. We are also the leading mobile cloud sync and push email solution used by mobile operators, portals, device manufacturers, service providers and software companies around the world.
We are looking for a technical support analyst to join our operations team. The candidate must have genuine enthusiasm for technology and working with other people. This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the leading commercial open source projects in the world.
Major Duties. We are looking for a mid-level systems administrator with experience managing production systems. You will help maintain, secure and grow our production operations for both internal systems and those of our customers. While this is not a front-line customer support position, you will be expected to interact with our customers as necessary. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to gain valuable production experience in several technology areas (networking, operating systems, database, web and application servers). Periodic on-call duty as well as night/weekend work as necessary.
- Analyzing, planning and maintaining our production systems as they scale in capacity and complexity
- Network monitoring and analysis
- Database management, including sizing, monitoring, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Creation of automated reporting and monitoring tools/scripts
- Routine systems maintenance and administration
- Debugging service issues
- Train and mentor junior technical staff
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 - 4 years of experience in one or more of the following roles: Systems administration; Production administration; Database administration
- Hands-on experience with *nix environments
- Solid troubleshooting skills, ability to quickly diagnose customer problems
- Computer Science degree preferred
- Programming experience with Perl/Java/C++ programming a plus
- Non-technical requirements: Solid communication and written skills; desire to learn and the ability to quickly acquire and apply technical knowledge; attention to detail; strong work ethic; team player; ability to thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
Please send us your resume at email@example.com. Please make sure your resume addresses the basic requirements. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Use an Android-powered smartphone or tablet? Funambol secures, syncs and shares content on most Android devices — see if yours is supported.
Get Funambulletin, our award-winning, informative periodic e-newsletter that contains the latest personal cloud news and views — subscribe today.