Technical Support Specialist
Technical Support Team (Pavia, IT)
If you are looking for a fun, dynamic work environment, Funambol is the company for you. Funambol is the leading mobile open source project. We are also the leading mobile cloud sync and push email solution used by mobile operators, portals, device manufacturers, service providers and software companies around the world.
We are looking for a technical support analyst to join our operations team. The candidate must have genuine enthusiasm for technology and working with other people. This is a unique opportunity to work for one of the leading commercial open source projects in the world.
Major Duties. The candidate should be able to manage multiple priorities, while continuing to provide great service to all of our customers. You must be detail oriented and have a strong technical aptitude. We are looking for someone who likes working with other people in a fast-paced environment. This is a great opportunity for someone to gain valuable technical experience for a future in Quality Assurance, Development, Operations or a Professional Services/Consulting position.
- Prioritizing problem report issues of varying severity and managing the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels
- Collaboration with your peers, engineering, product management and our community to resolve client issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledgebase
- Provide proactive monitoring of all production systems
- Systems administration of production systems and servers
- Systems and performance testing
Required Technical Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 1 - 2 years of experience in one or more of the following disciplines (recent university graduates with significant computing experience will be considered): Technical support for a complex software system; Quality assurance; Systems administration; Programming
- Hands-on experience with *nix environments
- Solid troubleshooting skills, ability to analyze customer problems and perform initial diagnosis of problems
- Computer Science degree preferred, BUT not required!
- Programming experience with Perl/Java/C++ programming a plus
- The Usual Platitudes: strong communication and written skills; desire to learn and the ability to quickly acquire and apply technical knowledge; attention to detail; strong work ethic; team player; ability to thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic environment
- Must be able to work on-call
Please send us your resume at email@example.com. Please make sure your resume addresses the basic requirements. No phone calls or agencies, please.
Use an Android-powered smartphone or tablet? Funambol secures, syncs and shares content on most Android devices — see if yours is supported.
OneMediaHub provides a way to try Funambol's personal cloud service with many mobile devices. Sign up for a free demo account.